We are global leaders in strategic consulting and marketing research in commercial
and consumer telematics and location-based services.
Strategic consulting services include the following:
- Analysis of market status, trends and opportunities
- Competitive assessment
- Go-to-Market strategies
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Formation of strategic alliances and partnerships
C.J. Driscoll & Associates assists companies in the U.S. and overseas in developing strategies for entering new markets and expanding their presence in current markets. Clients range from Fortune 100 companies to start-ups.
We have assisted strategic buyers and investment firms in identifying potential partners and targets for acquisition and in conducting due diligence on potential targets. We have also successfully assisted telematics solution providers in identifying buyers.
Strategic consulting clients benefit from C.J. Driscoll & Associates’ in-depth knowledge and experience in commercial and consumer telematics, as well as the company’s extensive contacts in the U.S. and overseas.
C.J. Driscoll & Associates conducts both custom and multi-client marketing research studies.
Custom (private) primary research studies include:
- Telephone surveys
- Online surveys
- Focus groups
- Private interviews
Other custom research includes analysis of market status, trends, and competitive environment.
In addition to custom research, C.J. Driscoll & Associates also conducts syndicated research studies, including multi-client studies and internally-funded industry reports. The company has conducted numerous multi-client primary marketing research studies covering customer interest, use, and satisfaction with telematics and other location-based products and services. These have included surveys of U.S. consumers and surveys of fleet operators. Research methodologies have included online surveys, telephone surveys and focus groups.
C.J. Driscoll syndicated reports on the MRM/commercial telematics market are among the most widely used reports in the industry. Driscoll reports are known for their deep analysis of market status and trends.
- Assessment of status, trends and projected growth of markets for commercial and consumer applications of LBS, telematics and GPS vehicle navigation systems.
- We have conducted studies of Mobile Resource Management Systems, GPS vehicle navigation systems, and consumer telematics systems and services.
- C.J. Driscoll & Associates conducted the Survey of Location Technologies to Support Mobile 911, which was commissioned by the State of California Department of General Services Telecommunications Division and APCO. The study provided information on companies with systems or technologies that could be applied to location of wireless callers. This study is referred to in the FCC’s Notice of Proposed Rule Making covering E911 services for wireless networks (Docket 94-102) and was used by the FCC as a basis for substantiating the viability of locating cellular 911 callers.
C.J. Driscoll & Associates also conducts tests and trials of telematics and location-based services.
- C.J. Driscoll & Associates coordinated the largest trial of cellular location-based services that has been conducted in the United States. This two-month trial, conducted on behalf of a major U.S. cellular carrier, involved 200+ participants. C.J. Driscoll & Associates recruited the participants, hosted orientation sessions, and conducted on-line surveys and focus groups to assess participant opinions concerning trialed services.
- C.J. Driscoll & Associates has conducted comparative tests of traffic information services. These tests involved comparing reported versus actual driving speeds on major highways in several U.S. cities, and providing quantitative comparisons of the accuracy of each service.