C.J. Driscoll & Associates has released a comprehensive report covering the Chinese Commercial Telematics market. This is the first of a new series of C.J. Driscoll & Associates reports on Global Commercial Telematics Markets.
China has the fastest growing fleet market in the world, and one of the fastest growing commercial telematics markets. Today, over five million GPS and Beidou (BDS) tracking units are used to monitor fleet vehicles, heavy equipment and other assets. These devices include vehicle-installed units as well as location-capable smartphones and portable computers used to manage mobile workers. The report projects growth of the Chinese commercial telematics market through 2018, including units in service and revenues.
This comprehensive report assesses the factors that are contributing to the rapid growth of commercial telematics in China, which include an urgent need to improve logistics efficiency. It also assesses the role of the Chinese government (central, provincial, and municipal) in pressing for increased use of commercial telematics to help reduce unauthorized use of government vehicles, enhance safety in public transportation and the transport of hazardous goods, and reduce traffic congestion and vehicle emissions in densely populated urban environments.
The 110-page report includes extensive statistics on the addressable fleet market size and rate of growth, along with GPS and BeiDou market penetration estimates for major fleet segments. It analyzes the notable differences between Chinese fleet tracking configurations and features, versus those of western markets.
The China Commercial Telematics Market Study includes detailed profiles of 38 major commercial telematics solution providers, developed through direct interviews of company personnel. Profiles include company background, target markets, key features, estimated installed base, and available information on hardware and service pricing. Among the companies profiled in the report are a number of overseas companies that are active in the Chinese market.
The study was directed by Clement J. Driscoll, founder and president of C.J. Driscoll & Associates, who has over 20 years of experience in marketing, research and consulting in GPS and wireless products and services. C.J. Driscoll reports include widely used studies of the U.S. commercial telematics market and global markets.
Report Provides Answers to Key Questions
The following are among the questions answered in this report:
- How large is the addressable fleet market in China and how fast is it growing?
- What fleet segments are the principal users of tracking solutions and what is the estimated market penetration of each segment?
- What are the principal factors impacting commercial telematics market growth in China?
- How do Chinese fleet tracking solutions differ from western solutions?
- Why are they different?
- How extensive is the use of GPS-capable smartphones and portable computers for monitoring mobile workers?
- Are hosted (SaaS) solutions commonly used in China, or do client-server solutions dominate the market?
- Are commercial vehicle OEMs active in telematics?
- What is typical pricing for hardware and service in the Chinese market?
- How extensive is cellular data coverage and what is typical pricing?
- What companies are among the largest suppliers of fleet tracking solutions in China?
- What are their key target markets, principal features, typical pricing, and installed base?
- Who are the principal suppliers of digital mapping solutions in China?
- How large is the market for remote monitoring of heavy equipment and how fast is it growing?
- Do OEMs or aftermarket telematics suppliers dominate this market?
- How many commercial telematics units are in service today in China, and how fast will the market grow over the next several years?
- How does current installed base and projected growth compare to the U.S. market?
- What are the estimated revenues of the Chinese commercial telematics market today and what is the projected annual revenue growth through 2018?
- What challenges do overseas companies face in entering the Chinese commercial telematics market?
- Which overseas suppliers are currently active in the market?
The 110-page report on the Chinese Commercial Telematics market includes the following:
- China Overview – population and economy
- Telecommunications Overview
- Telematics activities of major cellular carriers
- Commercial vehicle population
- Commercial vehicle production and sales
- Logistics in China
- Road transport in China
- Trucking industry
- Bus industry
- Road safety issues
- Vehicle and cargo theft
- Commercial Telematics Market Overview
- Market size, growth, and pricing
- Government fleets
- Taxi fleets
- Transport & Logistics
- Bus & Coach
- Lease, rental, and limousine fleets
- New Energy vehicles
- Construction equipment
- Beidou Satellite Navigation System
- Commercial Telematics hardware suppliers
- Digital mapping suppliers
- Telematics-Related regulatory requirements
- Doing business in China
- Commercial Telematics conferences and trade shows
- Chinese suppliers of GPS fleet tracking solutions (34 pages)
- Overseas GPS fleet tracking suppliers active in China
- Projected Commercial Telematics market growth – units in service
- Projected Commercial Telematics market growth – revenues