C.J. Driscoll & Associates has released a comprehensive new study on the U.S. market for Mobile Resource Management (MRM) systems. This study provides in-depth information on each major MRM market segment, including the market for vehicle-installed fleet GPS tracking solutions for both local and long haul fleets. It also covers the emerging market for managing mobile workers with GPS-equipped smartphones, tablets, and other portable devices. In addition, the study examines the markets for monitoring mobile assets, including trailers and heavy equipment.
The study concludes that in the U.S. today, approximately 5.5 million GPS/wireless devices are used to monitor fleet vehicles, trailers, construction equipment and mobile workers. By 2015, this market will expand to over nine million units, and MRM hardware and service revenues will grow to over $3.0 billion. Continuing market growth will be fueled by factors such as declining hardware and wireless data costs, expanding feature sets, 3G and 4G cellular networks enabling enhanced features, and increasing awareness of the strong return on investment provided by MRM solutions.
2012-13 Mobile Resource Management Systems Market Study includes estimates of current MRM market penetration, along with projections of future subscriber and revenue growth for each major MRM market segment. Detailed profiles are provided on over 160 suppliers of Mobile Resource Management systems and services, including company background, key contacts, target markets, core features, installed base, and equipment and service pricing.
The study was directed by Clement J. Driscoll, founder and president of C.J. Driscoll & Associates, who has over 20 years of experience in marketing, research and consulting in GPS and wireless products and services. The research is based on both primary and secondary methodologies, including over 100 interviews of executives of leading MRM suppliers and companies servicing the MRM industry.
The 337-page report provides current statistical data on the size of the U.S. fleet market and major fleet categories, obtained from a wide range of government and industry sources. Current market trends are analyzed, along with the factors that will impact future market growth.
The previous edition of this study, released in September 2005, has been widely used by MRM solution providers, wireless network operators, equipment suppliers, investment firms and others. The report has often been referred to in public forums as the “bible of the MRM industry”. Market data from previous editions of the report has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and other leading publications.
Study Provides Answers to Key Questions
The following are among the questions answered by this study:
- How large is the addressable market for Mobile Resource Management systems?
- How many MRM units are in service today, and in what categories?
- What are the fastest growing MRM market segments? What factors are impacting growth in these markets?
- What are the major trends in each MRM market segment?
- In what market segments are Software as a Service (SaaS) solution providers having the most success?
- Are MRM hardware and service prices holding up or declining?
- How large is the current market for MRM solutions that utilize GPS-equipped handsets and other portable devices? How fast will this market grow, in comparison to the market for vehicle-installed solutions?
- What is the status of the Fleet Insurance Telematics market and who are the major players?
- Who are the major suppliers of Driver Behavior Management solutions and how does their growth compare to the traditional GPS fleet management market?
- What are total annual revenues for the U.S. MRM market? Which market segments are producing the most revenue and which will show the greatest future growth?
- What distribution strategies are proving most effective in major MRM markets?
- What is the market growth rate for asset tracking solutions, such as trailer and heavy equipment monitoring?
- Who are the principal suppliers of MRM equipment and service for each major market segment?
- What markets do they target?
- How fast have they been growing?
- What is each supplier’s approximate installed base?
- What are current price levels for MRM systems and services?
- What role are overseas MRM suppliers playing in the U.S. market?
- What recent acquisitions have occurred in the MRM market? Is consolidation likely to increase?
The 337-page report on the MRM market includes the following:
- MRM market status and trends
- Listing of the top 10 MRM suppliers, including estimated 2011 revenues
- Projected MRM subscriber and revenue growth, by segment, through 2015
- Updated U.S. fleet market size statistics for approximately 29 fleet categories, including data on largest suppliers and estimated MRM penetration
- Detailed information on terrestrial and satellite networks used for MRM, including Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) servicing MRM providers
- MRM Suppliers Section (244 pages), including:
- Suppliers of MRM Equipment and Service for Local Fleets (30,000+ units)
- Suppliers of MRM Equipment and Service for Local Fleets (<30,000 units)
- U.S. MRM Suppliers with Majority of Business in Other Countries
- Suppliers of MRM Solutions for Vertical Fleet Markets
- Suppliers of MRM Solutions for Trucking Fleets
- Commercial Truck OEM Telematics Solutions
- Suppliers of MRM Solutions for School Bus Fleets
- Suppliers of MRM Solutions for Taxi and Paratransit Fleets
- Suppliers of MRM Solutions for Waste Disposal Fleets
- Suppliers of MRM Solutions for Public Safety Fleets
- Suppliers of MRM Solutions for Public Transit Fleets
- Suppliers of MRM Solutions for Oil & Gas
- Suppliers of MRM Solutions for Other Vertical Fleet Markets
- Suppliers of Fleet Leasing and Fuel Card Services
- Driver Behavior Management Systems
- Insurance Carrier Fleet Telematics Programs
- Cellular Carrier MRM Partners and Programs
- Leading Suppliers of Portable MRM Solutions Sold through Cellular Carriers
- Suppliers of Workforce Management Solutions Incorporating GPS
- Suppliers of Routing and Logistics Solutions Incorporating GPS
- Trailer Monitoring System Suppliers
- Suppliers of MRM Solutions for Heavy Construction Equipment
- Mobile Resource Management System Equipment Suppliers
The report includes 44 summary charts and tables to facilitate review.